Get ready to visit Jimmy Buffett’s first venture in the Caribbean, it is his international debut. The first international hotel with the Margaritaville Resort name is called the Grand Cayman hotel and is a destination hotel with a Caribbean flavor.
1. Margaritaville Beach Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Popular for its beautiful beaches and kind people, Grand Cayman is the best escape for any occasion. Located on the popular Seven Mile Beach, this resort features kids’ club, swimming pools ( only for children and another with a waterslide), casual dining (like all-you-can-eat buffets), water sports through Red Sail Sports and a special concierge to help with your other vacation plans.
Most people love the resort’s open-lobby and tropic concept; the lobby is covered but situated outside! Of course, there are lots of perks for parents. Find a place on a seat at the swim-up bar — aptly titled 5’O Clock Somewhere Bar and Grill — and settle in for fun and relaxing vacation in paradise.
With an extensive array of entertainment and dining paired with a high degree of hospitality and attention to detail, you may never need to leave our relaxing oasis. The guests are provided with free wi-fi to check in from time to time with the real world.
If you want to drive around the region, there’s a Thrifty Car Rental at the hotel. If you rather workout in the fitness center and reserve a personal trainer to help you get fit, that is an option. Then one may want to relax and experience an in-room massage.
Activities Available For Tourists
Red Sail Sports
Water sports rentals are obtainable right at the resort and include the gamut of choices — kayaking, paddle boarding, you name it. See front desk in the lobby to talk about options with an agent.
Parakeets Kids Club
Available for children age 5 to 11, the Parakeets Kids Club — named For Jimmy Buffet’s following of ‘Parrot Heads’ — features pool games, arts and crafts, and more.
The resort provides three pools: the pool at 5 O’ Clock Somewhere Bar & Grill (usually a hangout for adults), a shallow kids’ pool, and a bigger, lagoon-style pool with a waterslide. The pools are enclosed by welcoming lounge chairs and colorful cabanas — all available on a first-come, first-served basis!
5 O’Clock Somewhere Bar & Grill
Adults can swim right up and get a cold one at this awesomely named bar. However, it’s also completely kid-friendly, with casual options — salads sandwiches, pizzas and the like — on the food menu. On Sundays, it emphasizes a Beer & Burger brunch with preferred limitless beer and burger toppings.
License to Chill Bar
Want a drink after a long flight journey? Waiting for your room to be ready? You can chill at the bar by the same name, where light bites and ice-cold drinks are served daily.
Spread specializes in tapas and cocktails — including yummy cheese plates. It’s excellent for adults; however, kids are always welcome. There is also a coffee bar to get a pick me up in the morning.
Frank & Lola’s Pizzeria
Centrally settled in the lobby enclosed by fresh breezes, and soft seating Frank & Lola’s serves specialty handmade 12″ pizzas, a range of gelato flavors and cool ice-pops.
Eating House 1503
This is something beautiful for an adult’s night out or a romantic occasion. Chef Yamaguchi, who signals from Japan, brings his legacy to the counter and menu with his Asian-infused culinary methods. A lot of what served and is sourced in Eating House 1503 comes directly from Grand Cayman, citing a thoughtfully-infused island vibe, Caribbean flavor, and soul to the mix.
Whether it’s a chair at the bar for a relaxed bite or settling into a table for a specific occasion, Eating House 1503 ensures to present a remarkable experience. (closed Sep until Oct 4, 2019)
Room service is provided 24 hours per day.
Still Confused What To Choose?
The Margaritaville Beach Resort Grand Cayman offers concierge services. Want to see Stingray City? Thinking about snorkeling, but do not know which is best? Explore the onsite concierge for direction from an island insider.
2. Margaritaville Beach Resort Playa Flamingo, Costa Rica
Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville hotel brand added a second international property in the Caribbean Basin. This one sits on the west coast of Costa Rica. The resort is set in Costa Rica’s famous Guanacaste province, the product of a rebranding of the Flamingo Beach Resort and Spa.
The 120-room property is situated on the white-sand Flamingo Beach on the northern Pacific coast of Costa Rica, with a big pool with a swim-up pub, an oceanfront restaurant and lounge, a family center, watersports, and a spa. The property also features a fitness center and tennis court, along with social and corporate meeting space.
It is another addition to what is a quickly developing portfolio of Margaritaville-branded resorts in the wider Caribbean Basin.
Change your mindset and escape into a tropical paradise in which golden sands entice you to stay beneath cool palms, and the blue Pacific Ocean invites you to dive in and explore. Where a casual and relaxing beach vibe and authentic hospitality truly refresh the essence of Pura Vida – the pure life.
Relax in beautiful rooms and suites, including specialization family suites, overlooking tropical gardens, extremely big pool, and the Pacific Ocean. Revel your senses at the lounge on the pristine beach, OnZen Spa, or enjoy paddleboarding on Pacific waves.
Relax by the bright outdoor pool and sip a cocktail at the swim-up pool bar. Take in sunset across the sea while enjoying cuisine infused with tastes of 3 restaurants in one.
Enjoy whitewater rafting, scuba diving, zip-lining adventures, deep-sea fishing, and volcano tours. In Margaritaville Beach Resort Playa Flamingo, the chances for romance and adventure are endless.
Activities Available For Tourists
- Flamingo Beach – Bar on our beautiful, ecologically secured beach on the Pacific Ocean. Flamingo Beach provides natural lava rock pools, incredible sunsets, golden sands and waves ideal for body-surfing and boogie for boards. We provide boogie boards, kayak, and paddleboard rentals.
- Swim-Up Bar and Outdoor Pool- Swim, relax, and soak up some lights in the most popular pool in Guanacaste! Sip your favorite cocktail or unwind in our in-pool loungers and manage your tan.
- Covered Children’s Pool and Kiddie Play Area – Your child can play in the pool all day while protected from sunlight, and parents can relax while they run and climb in the adjoining play area.
- Fitness Center – Get complimentary access to our gym where you can exercise while overlooking the beautiful Pacific Ocean. Maintain your fitness regimen with cardio and weight training equipment.
- Tennis Court – Enjoy a refreshing game on our fully-lighted court perfect for nighttime play. We provide complimentary racquets and can organize tennis lessons with a local pro to improve your game.
- OnZen Spa – Indulge in a facial, massage, body treatment,
- or one of our specialized treatments designed for relaxation, health, and beauty.
- Daily Scheduled Activities – Stay busy in heaven with our free daily activities schedule. Join our team for pool games salsa lessons in eco walks, arenas bar, and cocktail mixing classes. Regular activity programs are posted daily poolside.
- Try Scuba – Scuba is accessible from Rocket Frog Divers. Give it a swift try and feel the charm of breathing underwater.
- Foosball, Billiards, and Films – Our family center is a favorite place for the children to play foosball, billiards, or enjoy movie nights at our movie theatre.
- PhotoShop – Our team of professional photographers will capture the best moments of your Costa Rica vacation. Just off the main lobby, the photoshop provides family, couple, and individual photos to take home. We can take photographs on the beach, in the pool or anywhere for memories to last a lifetime!
Scuba Diving and Snorkeling
For an exceptional underwater experience, nothing compares to the Pacific waters surrounding Playa Flamingo, Guanacaste. They provide daily morning excursions to the Catalina Islands and lots of beautiful nearby sites like “The Wall” and “The Point.” Afternoon boat dives are acceptable for snorkeling, as we visit shallower sites where everybody can enjoy the beauty of the reef.
Golf courses– Garra De Leon or Hacienda Pinilla
Fishing – Enjoy world-class deep-sea fishing for sailfish, marlin, dorado, tuna, snapper in the Pacific Ocean. Just offshore from our resort, Islas Catalinas offers fantastic scuba diving amidst an unbelievable array of aquatic life.
National Parks – Spend some time researching these nationwide treasures and find for yourself what keeps Costa Rica at the forefront of international ecological preservation. The nearest park is Las Baulas Marine National Park well-known for the Leatherback turtles.
Tours- you can book your tours through the hotel for white water rafting, horseback riding, a boat ride through a national park, visit rivers and waterfalls, or go hike and see a volcano or walk on a hanging bridge, coffee tours, zip-lining, catamaran trip. There is something for everyone.
Margaritaville has already started its new resort in Grand Cayman, and the brand declared plans to a $250 million Margaritaville retreat house at the Pointe project in downtown Nassau, The Bahamas. (The Nassau property is currently eyeing the start of a phased opening in mid-2019).
More Hotels Coming Soon …
Margaritaville Resort Bahamas, Nassau Bahamas, opening date to be determined, you can get on the email list!
Margaritaville Island Reserve Riviera Cancun, Cancun, Mexico, Winter 2019
Margaritaville Resort Belize, Ambergris Cay, Belize, Early 2020